EVENT | 29/06/2023
Launching the Aldersgate Group’s Net Zero Policy Tracker
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS NOW CLOSED
This in-person event will launch the Aldersgate Group’s latest Net Zero Policy Tracker, an assessment of the UK Government’s progress towards delivering net zero. Building upon our last evaluation of progress published in 2021, this document takes a sector-by-sector approach, identifying policy gaps across the economy and making recommendations to address them.
Former Prime Minister and Chair of the Aldersgate Group, the Rt Hon Theresa May MP will deliver a keynote speech at this launch event, four years on from signing the UK’s net zero target into law. This will reflect on the progress made so far, and what policy measures must come next to deliver a thriving low-carbon economy.
Ben Westerman, Interim Executive Director of the Aldersgate Group, will also deliver a presentation outlining the findings of the tracker, followed by an expert business panel. Experts from across the economy will provide insights on what they need to see from the UK Government to enable them to meet their net zero goals and drive economic prosperity in the process.
When and where
Date: Thursday 29 June from 3pm to 4.30pm
Location: 1 Great George Street, Westminster, London SW1P 3AA
Presentation and panel chair
- Ben Westerman, Interim Executive Director, Aldersgate Group
- Rt Hon Theresa May MP, former Prime Minister and Chair, Aldersgate Group
- Amanda Skeldon, Director, Climate and Nature, JLL
- Bea Natzler, People & Business Team Leader, Climate Change Committee
- Mike Theobald, Head of Energy Transition, WSP UK
- Tim Morris, Head of Corporate Communications, Associated British Ports