EVENT | 03/07/2020
Future steps for decarbonising the transport sector
As the UK considers how best to align its economic recovery programme with its climate and environmental goals, the transport sector will be a key area of focus. Accelerating emission cuts from the transport sector during this parliamentary term is going to be vital to put the UK on track for achieving the net zero emission target.
At this Aldersgate Group event in partnership with BT, a panel of business speakers will discuss key priorities for aligning the transport sector with the net zero emissions target, especially in light of government proposals to bring forward the phaseout date for petrol, diesel and hybrid cars and develop an integrated transport strategy, cutting emissions across all modes of transport.
The event will also cover the key policy interventions that are needed to ensure that decarbonising the transport sector can go hand in hand with job creation, innovation and increased competitiveness for UK industries.
- Ian Caveney, Head of Tech for Good, BT
- Joan Walley, Chair, Aldersgate Group
- Penelope Guarnay, Carbon Programme Manager, BT
- Jim Coleman, Director – Head of Economics, WSP
- Andy Walker, Technical Marketing Director, Johnson Matthey
- Mike Cole, Head of Public Affairs, UK & ROI, Michelin
- Richard Livingstone, Cabinet Member for Environment, Transport and the Climate Emergency, Southwark Council