EVENT | 05/11/2021
COP26: A just transition for high carbon industry sectors
The challenge of reaching net zero is unprecedented in scale and complexity for many countries. Net-zero requires a fundamental restructuring of economies, energy flows and markets. The need for careful economic and financial planning around the implementation of these shifts has become all the greater considering the economic and societal effects of the global pandemic. Linking economic recovery by creating jobs and investment opportunities with the rapid reduction and eventual elimination of emissions is the fundamental policy task for this decade.
This is why the Aldersgate Group paired up with Bellona and Centre for Energy Policy to organise this in-person event which explored the importance of the transition to net zero, the importance of bringing people along and ensuring economic growth across different geographies.
- Nick Molho, Executive Director, Aldersgate Group
- Karen Turner, Director, Centre for Energy Policy
- Cecile Faraud, Clean Construction Programme Manager, C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group
- Lee Beck, International Director for Carbon Capture, Clean Air Task Force
- Jane Cooper, Director of Regulatory and External Affairs, Orsted
- Hilde Tonne, CEO, Statnett
- Cordi O’Hara, President, National Grid Ventures
- Andy Lane, Managing Director, Net Zero Teesside
- Luciana Miu, Senior Researcher, EPG
- Anne-Beth Skrede, Special Advisor, LO/Norwegian Confederation of Trade Unions